Thursday, March 13, 2008

who are we can be answered by who we are

There comes a time in every man's life when he must come to terms with the bitter truth of human interaction. It is a pill not easily swallowed, it causes tears and recriminations and much sorrow. But it is a rite of passage. The seeds for this moment of self-discovery are lain many years prior to the actual moment of fatal realization-- from our mother's wombs we are trained to accept the basic truth of all humanity:

Women are smarter than men.

For those of you who know me as a reputable woman-hater this moment might come as somewhat shocking. But by reading Marri Coen's consistently superior prose, her eloquent yet elegant insight, her intelligent and sensitive comments, I have no choice but to accept that my mate would not only be a better gatherer, but a better hunter as well.

Let us look at other evidence to support this claim--

a. Girls get better grades. No less an authority than Cafferty (of Cafferty file fame) said as much during his daily 3 minutes of screen time. And for those of us who are ardent fans of the fantastically named Wolf Blitzer, we must accept any words spoken by his minions as gospel truth.

b. Continuing the political theme, more women are Democrats

c. Katherine Hepburn

d. Women grow eyes in the back of their head when they become mothers. This has long proved to be a true rumor, and every human can attest to this baffling phenomenon of human biology

e. I can't think of it, but I'm sure Marri Coen could. QED.

--I am left with no choice but to accept my genetic inferiority against this mountain of evidence.

Alack, alas, almighty. Why?

I have bought a revolver, it fits snugly in my mouth. How fitting-- the phallic ending to the phallic ending. (note my wordplay; she might be smarter, but I am gloriously witty)

No comments: