Sunday, March 2, 2008

a lengthy interlude

we were away on a dirty weekend. Truth. I did not shower.

Also-- what a clever comment by that courageous crusader for justice-- 'anonymous.' Truly, he/she has nailed it. Of course, I am deeply shaken by their dissection of marrijit's flawed relationship. I too wonder, 'what are we compensating for', or 'isn't this terrible'? I am only responding to this out of shock, fear, and probably an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach at the comment-er (commentator?)'s astuteness and mental acuity at seeing through the incredible hollowness of marrijit's relationship. But if I ignored it with a cheery post would they think that I had noticed and was trying not to give it credence? Would they believe that I had stuck my head in the sand to ignore the screaming Bedouins attacking my ostrich farm? Would they also be able to tell that I secretly liked the DaVinci Code while pretending to hate it? Who knows? What is the right answer here? How can Marrijit regain the dignity they have so clearly lost with this blog? Will we ever rebound from a possible divorce? Will we die virgins? If only we knew who 'anonymous' was, if only they had shown us their pallid face so that we may ask them for much needed follow-up advice. But, as Marrijit's favorite quote says, ifs and buts do not a happy goat make. At which I must let the matter rest, unless of course anonymous rears their head again with more cunningly intelligent observations and homilies of a certain nature.

In more important news, India beat Australia in a cricket match and Ari's childhood hero made a century. This makes Ari a happy camper.

1 comment:

Eric said...

It takes a fake marriage counselor to assess a fake marriage. Anonymous (who is surely someone you know - anonymous ranters are the theme for the ASU 2007-2008 academic year)is trapped in a ontological dilemma - namely, he/she is unable to extricate him/herself from the form of what marriage is - the married/not married dialect has been upset on this blog to the dismay of this person.

They should just go with it.

For example, Ari has insinuated that both he and Marri are virgins. With the interest of dignity in mind I will allow that term the same discursive nebulousness that I afford their marriage.